Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bondi Bondi is offline

Default Summing numbers not in a table

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with summing numbers that are
not in a table.

The format of the doc could be

ab 10 40
bc 20 40
de 10 10
ef 30 15

Sum 70 105

The data is imported from another program.
Is there a way to do the summing in word?

Any help much appreciated

Best regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

One way is to bookmark the numbers and then insert formula fields
where you want the the result of the additions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bondi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with summing numbers that

are
not in a table.

The format of the doc could be

ab 10 40
bc 20 40
de 10 10
ef 30 15

Sum 70 105

The data is imported from another program.
Is there a way to do the summing in word?

Any help much appreciated

Best regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Also read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...sCalculate.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bondi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with summing numbers that are
not in a table.

The format of the doc could be

ab 10 40
bc 20 40
de 10 10
ef 30 15

Sum 70 105

The data is imported from another program.
Is there a way to do the summing in word?

Any help much appreciated

Best regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bondi Bondi is offline

Hi Stefan and Jay,

Thank you very much for your answers.
They both work - but not the way i need
Could i ask one of you to have a look at the document and help me
implement a solution?
I know it is asking alot but I really need help on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

I suspect the solution that anyone would recommend is to put the values
in a table and use formula fields. If you don't want the table to
show, then use a borderless table.