Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rahul Rahul is offline

Default Updating table of content for page number only

Hi all,
I have a particular TOC and i tried to update the TOC by using the
command'update TOC' from outlining. But the option which I am supposed to
get- "update page numbers only" or "update whole content" didnt come at
all.. how can I get this options since I need to do only page number
updation..

Thanx
Rahul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xeebsta xeebsta is offline

Hi Rahul

Have you tried using the F9? This updates fields and may perhaps get you to
the 'update page numbers' option.

"Rahul" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a particular TOC and i tried to update the TOC by using the
command'update TOC' from outlining. But the option which I am supposed to
get- "update page numbers only" or "update whole content" didnt come at
all.. how can I get this options since I need to do only page number
updation..

Thanx
Rahul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As xeebsta wrote, you could try F9 instead. Note, however, that there
are cases when you don't get to choose; for example, if you have removed
one or more headings, Word will always update the whole table of
contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP