Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Using odd page bread to start a new chapter on an odd page

Hi. Okay. I have been battling agains Word 2003 for some time now
with this formatting thing. I have read a lot of newsgroup posts here
that all leade to this page
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm) on how to
do an odd page break and be able to put header and footer information
on that even, blank page that gets inserted.

I have used the code from that page
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm) and it
worked in the beginning of my document when I went from the table of
contents to chapter 1. But as soon as I got done with chapter 1 and
inserted another one of these special codes for the start of chapter 2,
the first one (after the table of contents) wasn't working anymore.
What I mean by that is the TOC ended on page 6, but the the code went
ahead and inserted a blank page (page 7) with my header and footer on
it, and then one of those MS Word, autogenerated blank pages got
inserted for page 8, and then my chapter 1 started on page 9.

I don't know why after entering this suggested code a second time in
the document caused the first one to start behaving incorrectly. Any
ideas? I'd appreciate any help because this is driving me absolutely
nuts! Thanks!

Ryan Cabanas