Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
davis

Default Want to Repeat Records certain number of times

Procedu MailMerge
Word Version: Word 2000
OS: Windows 2000
DataSource: Word Document.

Problem:
I'm trying to do a mailing label mailmerge that will allow me to repeat a
record N times depending on a value in one of the fields. For example, I have
a numeric field called 'numberofcopies' and for each number of copies, I want
the record repeated in the merge. So if the value is 5, then I want that
record merged 5 times. I then want to look at the next record and find out
the value of 'numberofcopies' so that record will be repeat however many
times and so on. I want all these records to appear on the same page and not
on different pages. I have tried looking at vba scripting but with no
success. I know it is a FOR..Each loop I want in the main document but have
no idea how to put it in there. Any ideas?