Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DC3

Default recover changes

I opened an attachment from an email file, made some significant changes and
saved them (inadvertantly) to a temporary file. I then opened the attachment
straight from the email again later and accidentally saved it again, which I
think overrode the changes I had saved earlier. Is there any way to recover
the changes that were previously saved? Thank you very much for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You have saved a document to a volatile temporary file then saved over that
temporary filename with a new document and you still want the original?
Dream on! Forensic data recovery might be able to recover the file, but the
financial cost will be prohibitive.

You should *always* save e-mail attachments to the hard drive *before*
working on them.

DC3 wrote:
I opened an attachment from an email file, made some significant
changes and saved them (inadvertantly) to a temporary file. I then
opened the attachment straight from the email again later and
accidentally saved it again, which I think overrode the changes I had
saved earlier. Is there any way to recover the changes that were
previously saved? Thank you very much for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?REMz?=,

I opened an attachment from an email file, made some significant changes and
saved them (inadvertantly) to a temporary file. I then opened the attachment
straight from the email again later and accidentally saved it again, which I
think overrode the changes I had saved earlier. Is there any way to recover
the changes that were previously saved?

Hard to say. Your best bet is to ask in a forum that supports the email
interface you're using, as they'll best know to what location attachment temp
files are saved, etc.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org