Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Schüßler Michael Schüßler is offline

Default Website-Citation - Site-Title missing in citation

Hello all

I'm using Word 2007 and its Citation feature.
I have to cite a lot of Web-Sites, some of which are from the same company
(the same author).
When I now cite in Word 2007, it displays only (company, year), although I
have several citations from the same company, but with different
web-site-name and web-page-name and so on.

If this is the case (several citations from one company) I'd like to display
the WebSite-Title, too, so the readers can distinct the sources at once.
If this would be easier to manage, it's okay if it always shows the
page-title, not only if there are several entries from one company/author.

btw, I use the APA-standard. But it's the same with the other standards.

Do you know how I can achieve this?
I'm also willing to edit the APA.xsl, but I don't know where to start

Regards
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Michael,

There isn't as much documentation available as would seem appropriate to this, possibly in part from a number of key folks from the
Word 2007 team who were involved on those features now moving over to work on http://officelabs.com, but here is their basic posting
on modifiying the XML to change how the generated Citation and/or Bibliography entries appear.
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx

To start with modifying the XSL locate the APA.XSL file, make a copy and save it under a new name before modifying it. A couple of
folks who have created a modified version have made there version available for comment/download as to what they changed and why
(i.e. to make a change for a local requirement not in the standard, or if there was perceived to be an error in the implementation
of the standard) via a blog or a regular or free website or there is a project started here http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography by
Yves Dhondt, to discuss, share, modifying, increasing use the Office 2007 bibliography styles that was started in May 2008. You may
find the work done with the Style Templates there for creating an IEEE bibliography style sheet to be helpful in working your way
through the APA style.

As the Citation field is basically inserting individual entries based on the 'Tag' name on the lower left of the citation editing
dialog, it may be a bit of work to try to persuade it to do much 'if/then/else' transformation for treating a 2nd inserted tag
differently than the first but this may help
http://community.muohio.edu/blogs/da...s-in-word-2007
as the example stylesheet (for books) may be similar to what you're trying to achieve.
http://codeplex.com/bibliography/Rel...eleaseId=13789

Let us know how you get on with this please.

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

Hello Michael,

This reply might be a bit late, but instead of changing the entire
stylesheet, you should consider use the \f and \s flags for citation
fields.

Right-click on a citation and select the "Edit field ..." option from
the dropdown menu. In the field display you will see something like
this:
CITATION Kar97 \l
2060 = (Karp,
1997)

You can add the website here by doing something like:

CITATION Kar97 \l 2060 \f "http://www.someurl.com, "
= (http://www.someurl.com, Karp, 1997)

And if you think the URL is enough, you can suppress the author with
\n \t:

CITATION Kar97 \l 2060 \f "http://www.someurl.com, " \n \t =
(http://www.someurl.com, 1997)

Remark that \t (suppress title) is necessary because once you suppress
the author, APA will try to fall back to title.

HTH

Yves

On 2 jun, 14:25, Michael Schüßler Michael
wrote:
[...]

Citation Language James Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 08 11:07 AM
citation title arch New Users 0 March 19th 08 11:08 PM
citation et al Scott_B[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 October 31st 07 04:26 AM
APA citation format book report Microsoft Word Help 1 October 28th 07 12:59 PM
HELP ME WITH CITATION WORD2007 Jake Microsoft Word Help 0 September 6th 07 10:20 PM