Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katy Katy is offline

Default Word 2007 - Font Size Error - Incorrect Character Size/Spacing

I was originally running Office 2003. I upgraded to Office 2007, but
maintained a working copy of 2003 on my computer.

Immediately after the upgrade, I noticed that documents that had been
created in Word 2003 using a 'standard' font and margins would be
resized, with the font appearing slightly larger and distorting
pagination, etc. No changes were made to the document, other than
opened in both Word 2003 and 2007. (Font is supposed to be Garamond
11, but it looks and prints more like Garamond 12.)

I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed Office 2007. All
updates and patches have been installed as well. Other computers with
similar programs (both dual copies and sole copies of 2007) render the
document the 'old' way with the correct pagination, but mine is still
all messed up. I've also reset the default template with no luck.

Katy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Not sure if this is going to help, but you could try:

Office button - Word Options - Advanced - Lay out this document as if
created in (at the bottom).

Yves

"Katy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katy Katy is offline

Tried that before all the install/reinstalls with no luck. Thanks
though!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katy Katy is offline

Tried that before all the install/reinstalls with no luck. Thanks
though!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Katy" wrote:
[...]

Hi Katy,

There are different "Garamond" fonts by different font foundries. You might
check in the Windows\Fonts folder if you have several of them installed.
Word 2003 and 2007 might conceivably use different fonts by the same name.
Just a guess though, since the other suggestions didn't work...

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katy Katy is offline

I checked the font foundry - only one Garamond to pull from. I'll keep poking around...

Katy

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...r-Size-Spacing