Rich McCollum

Default "file not available"

Any word detectives out there, your services would be greatly appreciated.

Suddenly (as far as I'm concerned), now upon opening my previously saved
word files, I get the pop-up message "file X not available" (x=file name what
I was trying to open).

The given file properties appear unchanged (e.g. right click, properties,
shows all the relevant info...size, attributes, etc).

I have tried to remove and reinstall Word 2003 (within Office 2003), and
still no success.

I even create a word file, save it, try to reopen it, and no success.

Creating a document, using word features, and then printing it doesn't seem
to be an issue. Until I save it, close it, and then try to reopen it.

Any idease?

thanks, Richard
Greg Maxey

Richard,

Try re-registering Word as described he

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm

Do you have the Norton Antivirus Office Plug In enabled? See:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328613

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support