Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
new new is offline

Default How can I remove duplicate records?

I am not a big user of Access and I need quick help.

I have a table with 2 columns: tbl_Supplier (SupplierID, SupplierName)

The data for 1st column was obtained via a query (from tbl_Products
which provide SupplierID); the data for the second column was to be
populated manually but at the moment has Null value.

I want to make SupplierID to PK once I removed duplicate records. I
have 77 records now but should be 29.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Bizarre choice of forum for an Access question. With so few records,
quickest is to do it manually. If you had a lot of records, use a 'SELECT
UNIQUE' query.

"new" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am not a big user of Access and I need quick help.

I have a table with 2 columns: tbl_Supplier (SupplierID, SupplierName)

The data for 1st column was obtained via a query (from tbl_Products
which provide SupplierID); the data for the second column was to be
populated manually but at the moment has Null value.

I want to make SupplierID to PK once I removed duplicate records. I
have 77 records now but should be 29.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
new new is offline

Jezebel wrote:
Bizarre choice of forum for an Access question.

My mistake.

With so few records,
quickest is to do it manually. If you had a lot of records, use a 'SELECT
UNIQUE' query.

So instead of Distinct, I use Select Uniuqe?

"new" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am not a big user of Access and I need quick help.

I have a table with 2 columns: tbl_Supplier (SupplierID, SupplierName)

The data for 1st column was obtained via a query (from tbl_Products
which provide SupplierID); the data for the second column was to be
populated manually but at the moment has Null value.

I want to make SupplierID to PK once I removed duplicate records. I
have 77 records now but should be 29.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
new new is offline

new wrote:
Jezebel wrote:
Bizarre choice of forum for an Access question.

My mistake.

With so few records,
quickest is to do it manually. If you had a lot of records, use a 'SELECT
UNIQUE' query.

So instead of Distinct, I use Select Uniuqe?

Actually distinctw orked. Earlier, I was putting distinct in criteria
field in desgin modeof qry. But you saying SLECT made me put in SQL
view and it worked. Thanks.

ups.com...