Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jud McCranie Jud McCranie is offline

Default chess symbols in Word 2003

How do you get symbols for chess pieces in a Microsoft Word 2003
document?

In a solder version of MS Word (2000 I think) I was able to
Insert/Symbol and get them. Now I have a newer version (2003, SP2),
and if I bring up an old document that had chess piece symbols in it,
they are changed. For instance, a black king now shows up as a
superscript "3". Now I can't find the chess symbols under
Insert/Symbol. How do I get the chess piece symbols in Word 2003?
Replace you know what by j to email
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jud McCranie Jud McCranie is offline

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:03:26 -0500, Jud McCranie
wrote:

How do you get symbols for chess pieces in a Microsoft Word 2003
document?

Well, I found it. Font "CA Chess" and "CA Diagram".
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

They are not part of Windows or Office font sets. I would guess that they
were installed as part of a chess application. Search Google for Fonts to
download.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

wrote:

How do you get symbols for chess pieces in a Microsoft Word 2003
document?

Well, I found it. Font "CA Chess" and "CA Diagram".
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Dave is offline

Ah So!
Thanks
Dave

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
These are fonts that must be installed (well, they or some other, similar
fonts) in order to display chess piece symbols.

so
all may benefit.