Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default Shadowing text

Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow to
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank you,
--
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Format | Font: Shadow will add the shadow where you describe, but it is
totally nonconfigurable. If you want to be able to adjust the color and
position of the shadow, then you will need to use a WordArt object, and then
you can use the shadow tools that apply to any other drawing object.

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow to
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank you,
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Ms. Barnhill:

When I go to Format, and Font, I find nothing relating to shadowing. When I
go to Text Effects I get an Animation box to select items from, but nothing
relating to Shadowing text.

When I go to the Draw toolbar, and click the Shadow Style icon a box opens
showing shadow styles, but nothing happens when I select and click on a
specific style. When I click on Shadow Settings at the bottom of the box a
little toolbar opens, and when I click on a setting icon, i.e., Nudge Shadow
Right, nothing happens.

I can find nothing in the WordArt Gallery that shows shading to the right
and down, and I am not anxious to get involved with the drawing tool..

Do you have an idea why the first two procedures do not work for me? Thank
you,

--
Robert

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow to
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank you,
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

If you open the Format, Font dialog, is there not a central section Effects
with eleven options all with check boxes to enable them? One of those should
be Shadow. If not, have you installed a printer driver and set it as Windows
Default?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many
items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank
you,
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

snip
Do you have an idea why the first two procedures do not work for me?

snip

The first "does not work" because you're looking for something more
elaborate, which isn't the-) Shadowed is a font formatting attribute for
regular text in Word & it comes in only two flavors - ON or OFF. There is no
choice of depth, direction, color or anything else. As Terry wrote, it is a
simple checkbox in the midsection of the Format Font (Font page) dialog box
to which Suzanne directed you - it's right smack dab in the middle of the
dialog box, top of the second column of checkboxes in the Effects section of
the page. If you don't want to "get involved" with Drawing tools that
checkbox is the only shadow option available.

The Shadow Style button on the Drawing toolbar "does not work" for *anybody*
in the way you want to use it because that is a graphic effect which cannot
be applied to regular text. As Suzanne further stated, you must create a
WordArt Object first to (most of) which you can then apply the shadow style
of your choice using the toolbar button. If you're not familiar with WordArt
you can find out about it through Word's Help menu.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many
items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank
you,
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

To Suzanne, Terry, and CyberTaz:

I now understand your answers, and you have solved my problem. I appreciate
your help very much. I apologize for not being more observant of the items
found under Format, Font.

--
Robert

snip

"Robert" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can add shadowing to text. I want the shadow
extend to the right and down from each letter of text. I cannot find a
procedure that works in the Help menu of Word 2003. I can find many
items
relating to shadowing, but I cannot get any procedure to work. Thank
you,
--
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

No problem - it's just the ol "forest & trees" syndrome Word-style:-)

Glad the info was helpful & thanks for the confirmation!

--
Regard |:)
Bob Jones

"Robert" wrote in message
To Suzanne, Terry, and CyberTaz:

I now understand your answers, and you have solved my problem. I
appreciate
your help very much. I apologize for not being more observant of the
items
found under Format, Font.

--
Robert