Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Josh R Josh R is offline

Default Word should let me view both the footnote the document map panes.

This is a suggestion: Word should let me footnote the document map panes at
the same time. When you open one it closes the other in draft and web layout
view. I have to keep switching between both. Worse still, in web layout view
in moving from the foot note pane to the document map pane, it always looses
the my place in the document.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Josh

Josh R wrote:
This is a suggestion: Word should let me footnote the document map panes at
the same time. When you open one it closes the other in draft and web layout
view. I have to keep switching between both. Worse still, in web layout view
in moving from the foot note pane to the document map pane, it always looses
the my place in the document.

But you are aware there are other views where you can view both?

Further, I'm not surprised that web layout view is not really optimized
in conjunction with footnotes: footnotes don't have a clear equivalent
in HTML ...

Greetinx
Robert
--