Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Valerie

Default Merge data fields

I am completing a mail merge document that I have used repeatedly, however
some of the data fields are not showing up in my Word doucment. It gives an
error message and says they are not there. The data file is in Excel. All of
the fields are recognized except for about 10. Is there a limit to the number
of data fields that can be used? How can I get them to recognize the data
fields again?

I'm using Word and Excel 2002 Thanks for your help.
--
Valerie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VmFsZXJpZQ==?=,

I am completing a mail merge document that I have used repeatedly, however
some of the data fields are not showing up in my Word doucment. It gives an
error message and says they are not there. The data file is in Excel. All of
the fields are recognized except for about 10. Is there a limit to the number
of data fields that can be used? How can I get them to recognize the data
fields again?

I'm using Word and Excel 2002

There's no limit to the number of fields you can use from Excel, no. What,
EXACTLY, does the error message say?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Valerie

Cindy:

It tells me that there is no data field with that name, even though the
field (named exactly as it should be) is in the Excel spreadsheet. Also, when
you click on the data fields icon to bring up the list of available fields,
it doesn't show all of the data fields in the spreadsheet.

Does that help any? Thanks for your reply.

--
Valerie

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VmFsZXJpZQ==?=,

I am completing a mail merge document that I have used repeatedly, however
some of the data fields are not showing up in my Word doucment. It gives an
error message and says they are not there. The data file is in Excel. All of
the fields are recognized except for about 10. Is there a limit to the number
of data fields that can be used? How can I get them to recognize the data
fields again?

I'm using Word and Excel 2002

There's no limit to the number of fields you can use from Excel, no. What,
EXACTLY, does the error message say?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Show us the field names in question.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Valerie" wrote in message
Cindy:

It tells me that there is no data field with that name, even though the
field (named exactly as it should be) is in the Excel spreadsheet. Also,
when
you click on the data fields icon to bring up the list of available
fields,
it doesn't show all of the data fields in the spreadsheet.

Does that help any? Thanks for your reply.

--
Valerie

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VmFsZXJpZQ==?=,

I am completing a mail merge document that I have used repeatedly,
however
some of the data fields are not showing up in my Word doucment. It
gives an
error message and says they are not there. The data file is in Excel.
All of
the fields are recognized except for about 10. Is there a limit to the
number
of data fields that can be used? How can I get them to recognize the
data
fields again?

I'm using Word and Excel 2002

There's no limit to the number of fields you can use from Excel, no.
What,
EXACTLY, does the error message say?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland