Steve Taylor

Default how do i set up multiple user profiles in word, office

I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company address, and a
real name and home address. I have one computer. I found out how to set up
outlook to separate my two identities, now how do you do the same for the
rest of the office suite. There are some templates that customize to the
username that windows is logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of
retyping, or rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff separated.
Any ideas?

Steve Taylor

thank you for responding Susan, However, what I am looking for is a "blanket
fix" like the one you do in outlook to create a separate "user profile
prompt" ... you don't have to reboot or anything, just exit outlook and start
outlook and a prompt comes up asking which person you are. It is a great
tool for Doctors, Lawyers, Sports figures etc, that need to be able to manage
their "public" and "private" lives in the same computer.

some of the templates automatically fill in your personal information from
your sign in data. It is a big pain to have to change the templates
manually....you should have an option of identies, so that the right data
automatically updates.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create different templates with different data.

"Steve Taylor" wrote in message
I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company address, and

real name and home address. I have one computer. I found out how to set

up
outlook to separate my two identities, now how do you do the same for the
rest of the office suite. There are some templates that customize to the
username that windows is logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of
retyping, or rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff

separated.
Any ideas?

Graham Mayor

It is probably easier to set up two user profiles in Windows - one for each
of your split personalities. Log into each as required.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create different templates with different data.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Steve Taylor" wrote in
message ...
I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company
address, and a real name and home address. I have one computer. I
found out how to set up outlook to separate my two identities, now
how do you do the same for the rest of the office suite. There are
some templates that customize to the username that windows is
logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of retyping, or
rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff separated. Any
ideas?

Steve Taylor

It would be easier still if there was a dropdown box that you could create,
like in outlook for different user. I have two separate identities in
outlook and I DON'T have to logoff or reboot windows!!! So, why does the
same not apply to the rest of the office suite.... this was apparently a
major league oversight. Any ideas for a macro script that could accomplish
this until Microsoft writes the patch?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create different templates with different data.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Steve Taylor" wrote in
message ...
I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company
address, and a real name and home address. I have one computer. I
found out how to set up outlook to separate my two identities, now
how do you do the same for the rest of the office suite. There are
some templates that customize to the username that windows is
logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of retyping, or
rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff separated. Any
ideas?

Charles Kenyon

I doubt Microsoft will write a patch since it is easily solved by logging in
as a different user. I use AutoText and AutoText fields for user-specific
information. The different users each have their own Word Startup folders
that load the AutoText. This includes name and call-back number but could
also include company name, address or other info.

I suppose that you could do the same thing with a single user by loading and
unloading user-specific Add-Ins. It would be relatively easy to design a
UserForm to switch from one to another.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create different templates with different data.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Steve Taylor" wrote in
message ...
I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company
address, and a real name and home address. I have one computer. I
found out how to set up outlook to separate my two identities, now
how do you do the same for the rest of the office suite. There are
some templates that customize to the username that windows is
logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of retyping, or
rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff separated. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Whyvon

Aloha -

Say - can you advise how to set up Outlook (I have 2002) to do multiple
personalities? It would be much appreciated! It's not even addressed in the
knowledge base that I could find. . .

Many thanks!

"Steve Taylor" wrote in
message ...
I am a radio announcer, and have a "radio" name, and company
address, and a real name and home address. I have one computer. I
found out how to set up outlook to separate my two identities, now
how do you do the same for the rest of the office suite. There are
some templates that customize to the username that windows is
logged onto. I don't want to have the hassle of retyping, or
rebooting just to get my personal and business stuff separated. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This NG is for Word. You need to ask in an Outlook NG.

"Whyvon" wrote in message
[...]

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Multiple user accounts and trial version of Word tryon Microsoft Word Help 0 December 12th 04 11:53 PM