Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phi1 Phi1 is offline

Default I want to create my own font

as the title explains, i want to make my own font. i have a sister that
enjoys creative writing, and has created a language that she wishes to
write a book in. she has created her language so that each letter of
the alphabet is represented by a symbol.
i would consider myself past the novice stage of computing and IT, so
if this task isn't too complex (the level of complexity is hard to
determine for someone else i know, lol) , i would enjoy the challenge
of creating a new font for her.
i may be incorrect (please don't hesitate to tell me if i'm barking up
the wrong tree), but i think i am going to need a program with which i
can draw each character of the new font (in a format that MS Office
will recognise). my starting problem is which program(s) can i use. i
have photoshop CS2, and all the image editors you get with windows XP
pro, and microsoft office with frontpage.
my second problem would be how to actually install the new font, but
i guess if someone could tell me which program to use to design the
font imaes, that would give me a good start on my project.
thanks in advance,

Phil

--
Phi1