Phil Pense Phil Pense is offline
Junior Member

Default Reducing size of tables and graphs

working with word 2007. Would like to reduce the dimensions of graphs and tables to the equivalent of a postage stamp on the document so that the reader can "click & expand" to full size. Guidance sought
Smokeyham Smokeyham is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pense View Post
working with word 2007. Would like to reduce the dimensions of graphs and tables to the equivalent of a postage stamp on the document so that the reader can "click & expand" to full size. Guidance sought
The only possibility which springs to mind is some sort of graphic, with a hyperlink, but I suspect you want something contained within your Word document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Comments Show In Print Preview, but do not print - Word 2007

I never use Print Preview, so I don't know whether that's relevant,
but in you Print doalog itself, threre should be a drop-down menu for
"Print What?" and one of the options is "Text with Markup." That's the
one you want to be chosen.

On Feb 15, 8:09*pm, Smokeyham
wrote:
Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview,
but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when I
PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertical
bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserted
in the document. *The only thing I can't get to print is the actual
comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a setting
in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to find
anything which works.

Any ideas???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.

On Feb 16, 10:35*pm, Smokeyham
wrote:
Smokeyham;491895 Wrote:

Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview,
but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when I
PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertical
bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserted
in the document. *The only thing I can't get to print is the actual
comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a setting
in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to find
anything which works.

Any ideas???

Not sure exactly what I did, but the problem, at least for now, seems to
have solved itself. *If you are experiencing this, try turning Track
Changes on, and also ensure that "Document Showing Markup" is choosen in
the Print Dialog box when you go to print.

I thought I had both of those already on, but perhaps not. *If I find a
more definitive answer I will post it here.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post!

--
Smokeyham

Smokeyham Smokeyham is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post

wrote:
Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview,
but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when I
PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertical
bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserted
in the document. *The only thing I can't get to print is the actual
comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a setting
in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to find
anything which works.

Any ideas???
Hi,

I'm not sure how this ended up migrating to a thread on Reducing the size of tables and graphs, but thank you for the suggestion!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joshuareen joshuareen is offline

Smokeyham wrote on 02/15/2012 20:09 ET :
Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview
but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when
PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertica
bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserte
in the document. The only thing I can't get to print is the actua
comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a settin
in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to fin
anything which works.

Any ideas??

Smokeyham

I think the comments aren't printed when printing the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 11, 12:38*pm, joshuareen
wrote:
*Smokeyham wrote on 02/15/2012 20:09 ET :

Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview
but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when
PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertica
bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserte
in the document. *The only thing I can't get to print is the actua
comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a settin
in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to fin
anything which works.

Any ideas??

Smokeyham

*I think the comments aren't printed when printing the page.-

Unless you choose Print What?: "Text with Markup" (which will be what
is showing if you open your print dialog with markup showing).