Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Waldron Karen Waldron is offline

Default Continuous line numbering messes up with track changes

My 20-page document has continuous line numbering and my revisions are
tracked using right margin bubbles (except for text additions, which
are in the body, in red). In Word 2003, the line numbering is
perfectly conserved in the page layouts for "final" and "final showing
markup". In Word 2007, this is not the case. The numbering is way
increased in "final showing markup" and there is even a huge jump in
numbering between pages (i.e., the last line on page 9 is line 250 and
the first line on p. 10 is 256).

How do I make Word 2007 mimic Word 2003 so that both options
(continuous line numbering, and final showing markup layout) work?