Joe

Default I want to use the comment feature in word, please help

I want to be able to use the comment feature, specfically, delete, comment or
any other words. Thanks
Beth Melton

Not quite sure what you are asking. Do you mean use the track changes
features? If so then right-click a toolbar and turn on the Reviewing
toolbar. There you'll find the ability to turn on "Track Changes",
insert/delete Comments, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Joe" wrote in message
news
I want to be able to use the comment feature, specfically, delete,
comment or
any other words. Thanks

Are you asking how to do this, or are you having a problem doing it? Please
specify what you are trying and what result you are getting (if not the
expected one).

For reference:

1. To insert a comment, use Insert | Comment.

2. To delete text, select it and press Backspace or Delete.

3. To delete a comment, select it and click on Delete Comment on the
Reviewing toolbar or right-click on it and choose Delete Comment.

4. The feature that allows you to keep a record of insertions and deletions
(and with which comments are often associated) is Track Changes (on the
Tools menu).

"Joe" wrote in message
news
I want to be able to use the comment feature, specfically, delete, comment

or
any other words. Thanks

Joe

Hi,

My college professors use the comment faeture all the time. I know that when
you put the I bar in a place, you get the word "comment" and you fill in what
you want to say.
However, they have also used the word "deleted", "addtion" and other words
in the box. I have tried to change the word in the the box but nothing seems
to help.

Thanks for your assiatance, anything you can do to help is appreciated.
thanks

Beth Melton

Turn on the Reviewing toolbar as I suggested in my previous reply and
locate the "Track Changes" command. Once you turn that on then your
deletions/additions will automatically be identified.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/