Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default form fields navigation in Word 2003

There are two settings that could conceivably be relevant, though I wouldn't
expect either of them to affect text form fields. One is "Typing replaces
selection" at Tools | Options | Edit (the more likely); the other (less
likely) is "Select entire field with first or last character" at Tools |
Options | Compatibility.

http://word.mvps.org

"Asa Cronqvist" wrote in message
I've created a form for a client. I used several text form fields and
put in some default text.Then I protected the form. I then navigate to
my form fields using tab. My field then gets highlighted. BUT, when I
start to type the default text is just pushed forward. It doesn't get
overwritten. Even though I had the entire field highlighted. I keep
navigating using tab. I never click anywhere. It still happens just
like that.

I opened a new document and recreated it. Same result.

I then moved over to my computer. Here it works like it should. So I
know how to do it right. There must be some settings on my client's
computer. Does anybody know what it is?