TomHensby TomHensby is offline
Junior Member

Default Combining Mail Merge and Content Control via use of Sectional Breaks

Hello all whom may read this thread.

So I've been tasked by my superior to make most of our standard forms tamper proof after some numpty decided that they could alter some important documents without approval.

This process was going swimmingly until I came across a document that contained Mail Merge fields, and much to my dismay discovered that protecting a document with the restricted editing function means that Mail Merge cannot work. Now for my conundrum:

I thought I had worked around this issue by using sectional breaks around the areas that contained Mail Merge fields. With Restricted Editing enabled as "Filling in Forms" and a sectional break inserted, Word2010 now allows me to select a Recipient List. However, once I have selected said list the Edit Recipient List icon is still unavailable.

Is there a way to get any further or am I on the proverbial wild goose chase?

Any and all help and comments appreciated, good or bad.

Tom
Attached Images