Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JHP from South Korea JHP from South Korea is offline

Default Equations and Compatibility on Microsoft Word 2007

Dear all,
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 on PC with Windows XP. For Equation Editor,
I am using MathType 5.0 (a little bit old now). I am facing on two things
that I really don't know how to solve. I will be appriciated if you could
help me.
1. On equation editing:
- For *.docx file, I can input equation finely with the way Office 2007
provided (Alt+)
- About few months ago, I could open and display the equation very well
equation from a Compatible Files which were made from oder version of
Microsoft Word.
- Now, whenever I try to imput an equation, the result is displayed as an
ugly code such as {EMBED Equation.DSTM4} for n_T. However, I print out, the
equation is printed finely. It is really anoying to see such non-standart
thing appears.
- How can I solve this issue? I am using my own PC and I am surely that I
have not changing any setting of Microsoft Office as well as my PC OS.

2. The code field also appears when I deal with a certain hyperlink. Unlike
the case of equation, for the hyperlink, the ugly code field display even in
*.docx file.

I am looking forward to hearing your help while I am googling.
Thank you for your help in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

To clarify: Shift+F9 will toggle between field code and field result for the
one or more fields that are currently selected. To toggle all field codes in
the entire document, use Alt+F9 instead.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman