DJK

Default Drag and Drop Text in Word 2003

I have drag and Drop Editing checked in the Tools Options Editing Tab.
I highlight text and try to move and get the BLACK Stop Symbology. Circle
with a line through it. The text never moves and it won't drag and Drop.
Never had a problem like this in any other version of Word.

Thanks.
CyberTaz

First of all, version info might be helpful to know.

Second, is the file protected in any way?

Third, where are you trying to drag the text _to_? It has to be dropped into
an existing text line before you can effectively drop it.

Regards |:)

On 9/10/05 4:03 PM, in article
, "DJK"
wrote:

I have drag and Drop Editing checked in the Tools Options Editing Tab.
I highlight text and try to move and get the BLACK Stop Symbology. Circle
with a line through it. The text never moves and it won't drag and Drop.
Never had a problem like this in any other version of Word.

Thanks.

DJK

Well lets see the Subject says Word 2003 so..version 11
Well from the Bottom of a paragraph to the top of the paragraph. What does
the Black Circle with the Line through it mean? Well it means I can't do it
but does it mean I have to modify something. This is from OFFICE PRO 2003,
It has never allowed drag and drop routines I just have to Cut and Paste. but
the other Office programs allow me to drag and drop all day long. I've been
using Word since version 2.0 and have never seen this Black Circle appear
when I highlight text to try and move it. I just did a complete Office
Recovery from the CD and it accomplished nothing and F1 help only says how to
uncheck Drag And Drop to turn it off.