Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ATK31 ATK31 is offline

Default Transferring MACROs from WORD 2000 to WORD 2007

I have a very large set of MACROs written in WORD 2000.

Is is possible to migrate these MACROs to WORD 2007?

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi ATK31,

For the most part, your macros should run OK. However any code using:
.. calls to menus/toolbars
.. Application.Filesearch
.. Sendkeys
is liable to fail. Application.Filesearch isn't supported by Office 2007 and Sendkeys isn't supported by Vista. There may be other
'gotchas' too, but I haven't encountered them - yet.

--
Cheers
macropod

"ATK31" wrote in message ...
I have a very large set of MACROs written in WORD 2000.

Is is possible to migrate these MACROs to WORD 2007?

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ATK31 ATK31 is offline

Hi Macropod,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Could you please point out to a reference that specifies the procedure for
transferring MACROs?

In WORD 2000, I can get the MACROs code from TOOLS -- MACROS -- EDIT and
then copy the code for all MACROs.

I can get the shortcuts applicable to these MACROs from TOOLS Ã* CUSTOMIZE
-- KEYBOARD.

What do I do next?

Is there a method to transfer the entire set up of WORD (MACROs, CUSTOMIZE,
OPTIONS, shortcuts) from WORD 2000 to WORD 2007 so that one can use the
familiar environment?

Thank you for your help.

"ATK31" wrote in message ...
I have a very large set of MACROs written in WORD 2000.

Is is possible to migrate these MACROs to WORD 2007?

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Are all the macros and shortcuts stored in your Normal.dot template or another
template (.dot file)? If so, simply copy it to a different file name and store
it in the Word startup folder (usually %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup) for
Word 2007. The macros will all be available in any document. I think the
keyboard shortcuts will come along too, but you may have to reassign them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:06:01 -0700, ATK31
wrote:

Hi Macropod,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Could you please point out to a reference that specifies the procedure for
transferring MACROs?

In WORD 2000, I can get the MACROs’ code from TOOLS -- MACROS -- EDIT and
then copy the code for all MACROs.

I can get the shortcuts applicable to these MACROs from TOOLS à CUSTOMIZE