Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACardAttack ACardAttack is offline

Default Can I change Word 07's layout to Word 03?

I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons, the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

As others have noted, there isn't a switch to enable the old UI. I recommend
you give yourself a little time and try some of the new features before you
decide you don't like it. For example, on the Insert tab try out the Text
Box gallery, SmartArt, Header, Footer, etc. Then perhaps on the Page Layout
tab, try out some of the Themes.

Also, you may find installing the Get Started tab helpful. It contains links
to content on Office Online, such as training and tutorials for Word 2007,
along with a link to an Interactive Guide for finding commands in the new
version:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"ACardAttack" wrote in message
I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons, the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

This review covers your options:
http://computerworld.com/action/arti...leId=9017 851
All three add-ins provide you with some menus & toolbars experience in
2007. Note that I am the author of the last one reviewed
(RibbonCustomizer) which offers this particular UI change for free.
I do suggest though that you try to use the Ribbon first for a while
before installing such a Classic UI crutch.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
:

How is it that you bought Office 2007 without being aware of the
revolutionary new UI? It's not exactly been kept a secret.

"ACardAttack" wrote in message
I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons, the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I've been tempted to try your RibbonCustomizer but I am determined to learn
how to use the new interface. I have no doubt that you've done an excellent
job on it tho. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

so
all may benefit.

"ACardAttack" wrote in message
I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons,
the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know
if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the
old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Hall MVP Mike Hall MVP is offline

You might want to think of the ribbon as a drop down menu laid on it's
side.. there are also numerous customization options available, if you are
prepared to spend just a little time with it..

"ACardAttack" wrote in message
I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons, the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny Mc? Danny Mc? is offline

Thanks Patrick. I will check this out.

I have been using office for many years and changes have been subtle.
Office 2007 is a FAR cry from any previous version that I have been using for
the past 10+ years.

This old dog does not have time to learn new tricks.

Thanks,
Danny Mc?

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ACardAttack ACardAttack is offline

I didnt buy it, my mom bought it b/c my brother needed Power Point for a
school project, and she just bought the whole office 2007 pack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

How is it that you bought Office 2007 without being aware of the
revolutionary new UI? It's not exactly been kept a secret.

"ACardAttack" wrote in message
I just got Office 07 and I cannot stand the new layouts, the ribbons, the
font style 07 starts out with, and a few other things. I want to know if
there is a way to change the look of 07 to look like 03. I like the old
simple looks with the tool bars, and not these ribbons.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Walker J Walker is offline

I don't have a little time to give to Microsoft. I've spent almost 20 years
learning the old office. I am so very sorry that I purchased this MS product.
If bill were here I would smash him on the head with my laptop - that's about
all its good for right now. I can't find anything. It is more than
frustrating.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm still puzzled about why/how so many folks are upgrading to Office 2007
without having been aware of all the hype surrounding the new UI. MS
employees blogged about this for over a year before the software was
released, the rollout was accompanied by widespread demos and a media blitz,
etc. So how is it that MS has somehow tricked people into buying something
they don't want?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline