Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
VcDeveloper VcDeveloper is offline

Default Optimizing this formula?

I have three columns and only calculating col 2. I have a heading so my
calculation starts from row 2. But here is the task.

1) row 2 is my opening balance.
2) every row after this is a amount that is subtracted from the row 2.
3) the last row will contain the closing balance.

I'm creating a monthly budget and this is what I'm able to do so far.
A) {=B2-(SUM(ABOVE))} BUT, I can't seem to add an extra field to subtract
the extra balance.
B) I used {=B2-SUM(B3:B10)} BUT, I don't want to keep changing the last row
number.

Any suggesting on how to optimize this or am I stuck with making the last
row number change?

--
Coding is like a box of chocolates!...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi VcDeveloper,

Word's cell addressing doesn't directly support relative references. There is a workaround, however. To see how to do this and a
wide range of calculations in Word, check out my Microsoft Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Relative Referencing In Tables'.

--
Cheers
macropod

"VcDeveloper" wrote in message ...
I have three columns and only calculating col 2. I have a heading so my
calculation starts from row 2. But here is the task.

1) row 2 is my opening balance.
2) every row after this is a amount that is subtracted from the row 2.
3) the last row will contain the closing balance.

I'm creating a monthly budget and this is what I'm able to do so far.
A) {=B2-(SUM(ABOVE))} BUT, I can't seem to add an extra field to subtract
the extra balance.
B) I used {=B2-SUM(B3:B10)} BUT, I don't want to keep changing the last row
number.

Any suggesting on how to optimize this or am I stuck with making the last
row number change?

--
Coding is like a box of chocolates!...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

While it is possible, with difficulty, to accomplish this task in Word, Word
is not the best application for the task. Is there some reason you are not
doing this in Excel?

http://word.mvps.org

If formula Duncan Tables 4 August 14th 08 05:47 PM
Optimizing Font Performance jennie-o Microsoft Word Help 2 January 19th 06 08:58 PM
how to align caption of formula right whereas formula itself left Martin van Leeuwen Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 05 06:39 AM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 05 07:44 PM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Page Layout 1 June 21st 05 07:27 PM