Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DUDPAP

Default need to print large table on two pages in word (sons school proj)

My son is trying to create and print a table in word that has a large number
of columns for a school project . we have tried all the online and offline
training and help but they all point to reducing the table to fit on one page
or using page breaks for the number of rows .If we increase the size of the
columns so they go over the right margin /edge of page this info gets lost
when printing .I tried adding column breaks but this only does one row can
anyone assist please (last resort seems to be to create two or more tables
and just split data
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Short of flipping the page to landscape to make it wider, I can't
really see a way to do this without splitting the table.

You might want to paste the data into Excel, which WILL allow you to
print wide tables on multiple pages...and you can even control where
the pages break.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:35:02 -0800, DUDPAP
wrote:

My son is trying to create and print a table in word that has a large number
of columns for a school project . we have tried all the online and offline
training and help but they all point to reducing the table to fit on one page
or using page breaks for the number of rows .If we increase the size of the
columns so they go over the right margin /edge of page this info gets lost
when printing .I tried adding column breaks but this only does one row can
anyone assist please (last resort seems to be to create two or more tables
and just split data

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DUDPAP

Default need to print large table on two pages in word (sons school pr

Many thanks will try the excel method

wrote:

My son is trying to create and print a table in word that has a large number
of columns for a school project . we have tried all the online and offline
training and help but they all point to reducing the table to fit on one page
or using page breaks for the number of rows .If we increase the size of the
columns so they go over the right margin /edge of page this info gets lost
when printing .I tried adding column breaks but this only does one row can
anyone assist please (last resort seems to be to create two or more tables
and just split data

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

wrote:

My son is trying to create and print a table in word that has a large number
of columns for a school project . we have tried all the online and offline
training and help but they all point to reducing the table to fit on one page
or using page breaks for the number of rows .If we increase the size of the
columns so they go over the right margin /edge of page this info gets lost
when printing .I tried adding column breaks but this only does one row can
anyone assist please (last resort seems to be to create two or more tables
and just split data

In Word, making two separate tables is the only method that will work.
Think sideways, though: Copy the table and paste it into Excel, which
will let you define print areas so you can print as you want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman