Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
london

Default how do I automatically put a document reference on each document

In Microsoft Word 2003 - is there a way that on any document I create a
reference can automatically be put on the bottom of the page - of whatever I
call and save the document as. For example, 101.101.let.word.01.01.01 in the
bottom left hand corner. Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Do the following to insert the file name (or the file name and path)
of the current document in the footer: On the View menu, click Header
and Footer. Word places the cursor in the header area. You can click
the Switch Between Header and Footer button on the Header/Footer
toolbar to move the cursor to the footer. Click the Insert AutoText
button (on the same toolbar), and choose File name (or File name and
path).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP