Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TobinDJ

Default When I align only the heading the entire paragrph moves

While using Word, when I highlight a heading of a paragrph and align it , the
entire paragrph moves. If I highlight heading and select center the entire
paragraph below will center. highlight heading and select "Align right"
button then the entire paragraph aligns right. Select undo and the pararaph
moves back.
I desire to align only the heading.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TobinDJ

Checked it out and was not the case.
Used a hard return.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

It sounds like the heading is separated from the text below by a line break
(Shift+Enter) instead of a paragraph mark (just Enter). That means both parts
are still in the same paragraph, so any paragraph-level formatting will
affect all of it.

Click the ¶ button on the toolbar. At the end of the heading, do you see a
paragraph mark (the same ¶ symbol) or do you see a line break (an arrow
pointing to the left, with a hook on its tail)? If it's a line break, replace
it with a paragraph mark. [Click the toolbar button again to turn off the
formatting marks.]

If the formatting change actually affects the whole document and not just
one paragraph, then see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm.

--
Jay Freedman