Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duttonkj duttonkj is offline

Default Using Mergefield - Convert Negative Number into Positive Number

Currently bring data into word from a database to populate invoice reminder
letters, the problem is the 'Payment Outstanding' field in my database is a
Negative number. Displayed -10,000.00 for example.

Instead of spending time amending the fields and updating the database I was
hoping to use MergeField to do it for me....

I currently use { MERGEFIELD PaymentOutstanding\# #,##0.00} to merge the
data into word, which would display -10,000.00 in the word field

Any ideas how I can convert '-10,000.00' into '10,000.00'