Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
derekh derekh is offline

Default PDF to Word Converter

Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several free/low cost .pdf creating software programs. I've never
seen any free .pdf to Word converters.

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"derekh" wrote in message
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
derekh derekh is offline

I have not, I was at a Microsoft Vista Launch yesterday and they specifically
said that there was such a converter free from Microsoft, however, with the
licensing issues between Microsoft and Adobe, they could not release the
converter within the Windows products, however, they could make it available
for download. During the conference, we did not have an opprotunity to ask
the name of the software.

--
Derek E. Hess, M.S.
MEM Operations Systems Administrator/Alternate Security Coordinator

"derekh" wrote in message
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're talking about is different. Office 2007 has a .pdf converter
add-in on their system, I don't know if it goes from .pdf to Word tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"derekh" wrote in message
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Some of the freebie acrobat clones can save as RTF, which Word can read.
Bear in mind that even with full Acrobat, what you end up with depends on
how the original was created. If the PDF was created from a non-word
processing application, the result of converting to Word may be completely
unusable.

"derekh" wrote in message
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hi Derek,

The item that's available for free download
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
is an add-in to create PDF files from Word. It does _not_ convert PDF
to Word, and Microsoft representatives have told us there is no plan
to create such a converter.

If you have a scanner that supplied OCR software, the OCR may be able
to take a PDF file as input and do the conversion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"derekh" wrote in message
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have a scanner it will probably have come with OCR software. If you
don't want to spend any money, print the document and scan it to OCR (some
OCR software will even handle PDF files directly).

derekh wrote:
Can you please lead me toward a free Word to PDF/PDF to Word
converter?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] darkephesus@hotmail.com is offline

Today i got a pdf to word converter gradiation project i will do it to
graduate so i must do now i am researching if i do it early in 1 mounth and
can get a permission to make it freeware i will post it on internet for
free.and i need people who works on project like this OCR ... you can
conntact me
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

If I understand this correctly, you have created some sort of a program that
will convert from a .pdf to Word and you're looking for testers. I must say
that I would be afraid to use a program created by someone who doesn't use
proper spelling or capitalization. Coding is an exact science and something
as simple as a misspelled word can cause a program to malfunction. I'd
rather beta test a first draft of the next version of Windows on a
production computer.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher