Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emece Emece is offline

Default Combine many documents, keeping source format

I have many documents and I need to combine them all in one. When I copy te
entire document and paste it in another, eventhough I use the option "Keep
Source Formatting", some format is changed, for example numbering.

Which is the correct way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Regards.
Emece.-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the contents of the combined document should not be edited, the easiest
way would be to "freeze" the numbering before copying. In each of the source
documents, do the following:

Press Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate
the Immediate window. Type

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press Enter.

Word will convert numbers to plain text. Note that if numbering was based on
styles, it won't be completely gone unless you also clear it from the style
definitions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP