Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

Default Normal & Normal (Web) Styles

I have customized the top bar (the title bar?) in Word 2007 to display the
Syle. In parts of the document that works well it says Normal(Web) and in
the areas that I'm having spacing problems it says Normal. How do I
format it to Normal(Web)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I believe you are referring to the Style drop down which can be added to the
Quick Access Toolbar. In the Style drop down you can pick a style name, or
you can type one in. In this case, you can try the latter.

Note, however, that you can *modify* the built-in styles to suit your needs.
Display the Apply Styles pane, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+S, and
then click the Modify button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gary Gary" wrote in message
news
I have customized the top bar (the title bar?) in Word 2007 to display the
Syle. In parts of the document that works well it says Normal(Web) and in
the areas that I'm having spacing problems it says Normal. How do I
format it to Normal(Web)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

I believe you are referring to the Style drop down which can be added to
the Quick Access Toolbar.

Yes.

In the Style drop down you can pick a style name, or
you can type one in. In this case, you can try the latter.

Thank you! I think it worked perfectly.

Note, however, that you can *modify* the built-in styles to suit your
needs. Display the Apply Styles pane, for example by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+S, and
then click the Modify button.

That's a great shortcut.
I'm really interested in preserving vertical space since, with widescreen
monitors, this is in short supply. I love the fact that the Quick Access
Toolbar is on the Title bar. I've always wondered why nobody used that
space that is almost never used, except for a small title. I'll have to
experiment to see how much I can cram up there. I'd love to be able to
control the font size of stuff on the Title Bar too. You could probably
make that space very productive all the while having the actual title
relegated off to the side somewhere. Also, I noticed that the font size
of the drop down menus is huge. Is there any way of controlling that? I
like large fonts but this is just silly...

I normally don't use the drop down menus but since I was recently now I
can't get rid of them. I would have thought you'd just click on the same
button that brought them down to reverse it but that doesn't work. Now
30% of my vertical space is gone...lol. Of course Full Screen works. And
does anyone know if its possible to get documents to open in Full Screen
by default? When you're using it a majority of the time its just
logical. Also it really encourages the user to learn keyboard shortcuts
and we all know how fast that helps us become.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

I normally don't use the drop down menus but since I was recently now I
can't get rid of them. I would have thought you'd just click on the
same button that brought them down to reverse it but that doesn't work.

Just discovered Right Click, Minimize Ribbon. If in doubt, right click
something...lol.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Strictly speaking, the Quick Access Toolbar is *below* the title bar but
above the ribbon. Note that you can have the QAT below the ribbon, if you
prefer.

The size of the title bar item is determined by the settings in the Display
Properties window (right-click the desktop and choose Properties).

To set Full Screen Reading as the default view, I believe you need a macro.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gary Gary" wrote in message
[...]