pepenacho

Default Word Document: merging a lot of info from Access

I have a document in Word that lists out a lot of order information.

I'm using Word basically because formatting etc. is too much to deal with in
Access.

Right now I have a test query plugged into the Word document; I used the MS
Access Databases via DDE engine to get to the query.

The table behind the query is empty right now.

No problems under those conditions.

If I append a record with all the fields containing some sort of data I get
one of the following:

1) an error: "Word could not merge the main document witht he data source
because the data records were empty or no data records matched your query
options"

2) or the record with containing actual data simply does not show up when I
go to do the mailmerge.

totally bogus.

Granted the table is large; it's approaching the limit of how many fields it
can hold.
Also some of the fields are either text fields or memo fields, with 3-4
sentences in them. So it's a lot of information.

Is the information load the culprit, or am I missing something here.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cGVwZW5hY2hv?=,

Which version of Word are we dealing with?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)