AnnB

Default Spell Checker not working?

I appreciate your advice about the spell checkers and will try to fix mine
following your advice. But how can I post to a different newsgroup? This
site will only let me reply to an existing posting?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sometimes the spelling checker in inactivated because text is formatted as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." To correct this, select the entire
document and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Select the correct
language for the proofing tools.

Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options.

"PJR" wrote in message
I have recently re-installed my Office 2000 premium on a new machine.

The spell checker is not working (greyed out) in Word and Outlook Express.

Word did come up with an error message about a file missing but I don't

remember what it was and am unable to re activte it.

My spelling is awful so for the sake of others any help will be most

appreciated.

Peter

You can post a new message. Select the desired newsgroup, then click on the
New button and select Question.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sometimes the spelling checker in inactivated because text is formatted

as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." To correct this, select the entire
document and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Select the correct
language for the proofing tools.

Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PJR" wrote in message
I have recently re-installed my Office 2000 premium on a new machine.

The spell checker is not working (greyed out) in Word and Outlook

Express.

Word did come up with an error message about a file missing but I

don't
remember what it was and am unable to re activte it.

My spelling is awful so for the sake of others any help will be most

appreciated.

Peter

Aabha Gandhi

I did try the options and everything detailed....my spell check is still not
working...what do i do..i am a reporter and i need to be typing out my
reports..i cant manage without spell check?

"PJR" wrote:

Thank you for your help Suzanne.
Unfortunatley your suggestions didn't work, but added to my belief that there is/are some files missing.

"Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options."

When I checked this the Spelling & Grammer tab is greyd out

"PJR" wrote in message
I have recently re-installed my Office 2000 premium on a new machine.

The spell checker is not working (greyed out) in Word and Outlook Express.

Word did come up with an error message about a file missing but I don't

remember what it was and am unable to re activte it.

My spelling is awful so for the sake of others any help will be most

appreciated.

Peter

Have you rerun setup to install the proofing tools?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sometimes the spelling checker in inactivated because text is

formatted as
"Do not check spelling or grammar." To correct this, select the entire
document and go to Tools | Language | Set Language. Select the correct
language for the proofing tools.

Also, make sure that the spelling checker is enabled on the Spelling &
Grammar tab of Tools | Options.
Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so