Peter Pattengill

Default Mail Merge Problem

When I do a mail merge in Word 2003 with an Excel file, the merge happens,
yet whrn I try to print, a 98 person database becomes 98 pages of mailing
lables. First sheet prints ok. Second sheet drops first name from first
sheet, moves second name from first sheet to first name on second sheet,
third sheet drops first 2 names and moves third name to first position on
third sheet. This continues until the very end. I am going crazy. Happens
on work machine as well as home machine with different files. Am I missing
something??
--
Peter Pattengill
Peter Jamieson

1. In the ail merge main document, there should be a { NEXT } (i.e. Next
Record ) field at the beginning of each label except the first

2. You need to perform the merge, either directly to the printer or to an
output document. (see the last couple of panes in the Mail Merge Wizard).
Just using File|Print or the Print toolbar button is not enough.

Peter Jamieson
"Peter Pattengill" wrote in message
When I do a mail merge in Word 2003 with an Excel file, the merge happens,
yet whrn I try to print, a 98 person database becomes 98 pages of mailing
lables. First sheet prints ok. Second sheet drops first name from first
sheet, moves second name from first sheet to first name on second sheet,
third sheet drops first 2 names and moves third name to first position on
third sheet. This continues until the very end. I am going crazy.
Happens
on work machine as well as home machine with different files. Am I
missing
something??
--
Peter Pattengill

Peter Pattengill

Yes, the next record does appear and while I haven't performed the mm to a
new document or directly to the printer, I'll try that. Thanks and I'll let
you know if it works.
--
Peter Pattengill

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Peter Pattengill

Graham: You are a life saver. Thank you so much. In looking through lots
of the postings, I noticed your name quite frequently and hoped you would
respond as you seem to know just what to do. Thanks for the added web sites
as well.
--
Peter Pattengill