Corky Whiteboard

Default create conditional data in label mail merge

I have a mail merge label document. I want to conditionally print one field
- ie, if the Country Abbrev field is NOT US, then print the Country
field otherwise leave blank.

--
Corky

HI,

If you have a fairly large volume to process and would like an automated
solution, my OctoTools can conditionally print based on input information
(such as state code or zip or phone number or any other input data as well).
OctoTools is however more justified for applications running with medium to
high volume throughputs as opposed to an occasional desktop app. If
interested please give me a call (978) 535-7676 or e-mail for additional
info.

Thanks and good luck,

Larry T.
Graham Mayor

{IF {Mergefield Country_Abbrev} "US" "{Mergefield Country}"}
will do that. Note that the field boundaries {} are inserted with CTRL+F9
and that fieldnames should not have spaces.
however if the fieldname does have a space, it might work with
{IF {Mergefield "Country Abbrev"} "US" "{Mergefield Country}"}

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Corky Whiteboard wrote:
I have a mail merge label document. I want to conditionally print
one field - ie, if the Country Abbrev field is NOT US, then
print the Country field otherwise leave blank.

Mail Merge using an Excel spreadsheet as a data source SharronTucker Microsoft Word Help 2 June 24th 05 06:11 PM
Mail Merge Issue With Office 97 - Excel Data Source Matt Thorley Mailmerge 1 February 15th 05 11:38 PM
how do i create a mail merge for email using excel as a data sourc AnnA Mailmerge 1 December 1st 04 12:57 AM
Conditional mail merge Hanif Mailmerge 1 November 26th 04 07:10 PM
Merge Data Source path Peter Jamieson Mailmerge 0 November 25th 04 07:15 PM