Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Les Logiciels Informat Les Logiciels Informat is offline

Default Character spacing problems

Hi folks new poster here,

I have been seeing some weird character spacing problems. It's an on and off
problem so it's pretty hard to pin point.

Sometimes when Printing or when Selecint "Print Preview", all my characters
jump on top of one another like an orgy seen in "Letters Gone Wild". If I
change my font to something else ( from Times New Roman) in the document it
becomes readable again. I don't this this is a version thing as we are
talking many different Word versions on different computers using different
printers.

Anyone have a clue as to what can be causing these group hugs? Don't tell me
they've become hippies.

Denis Dubois

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It's a printer driver problem. This can often be resolved by reinstalling
the printer with an updated driver. Usually, it is possible to temporarily
workaround by switching views between Page Layout and Print Preview.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Les Logiciels Informat" wrote in message
.. .
Hi folks new poster here,

I have been seeing some weird character spacing problems. It's an on and
off problem so it's pretty hard to pin point.

Sometimes when Printing or when Selecint "Print Preview", all my
characters jump on top of one another like an orgy seen in "Letters Gone
Wild". If I change my font to something else ( from Times New Roman) in
the document it becomes readable again. I don't this this is a version
thing as we are talking many different Word versions on different
computers using different printers.

Anyone have a clue as to what can be causing these group hugs? Don't tell
me they've become hippies.

Denis Dubois

uneven character spacing Ian Microsoft Word Help 2 March 21st 07 01:37 PM
unequal character spacing spacechaos Microsoft Word Help 2 August 26th 06 06:06 AM
Character Spacing mwf05 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 06 09:29 AM
Character Spacing Kristin Page Layout 1 November 3rd 05 05:52 PM
Heading character spacing tvb68 Formatting Long Documents 3 February 25th 05 08:23 PM