Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jadelight Jadelight is offline

Default Filling in a Form developed in Word

Hi,
I am working on a form developed by someone else and for the most part it
works the way it's supposed to however there are several areas where the form
asks for written comments. Typing in the comments works fine but the people
this form is going to already have these comments in electronic form and it
would make more sense to simply copy and paste into the table cell in the
form. That works too BUT the left hand side of the pasted copy is cut off
and the formatting is lost. I've tried rearranging tabs, margins, etc. in
the form but to no avail. Any ideas? I've tried it protected and
unprotected. I'm working with Word 2003 but I believe the form was created on
an earlier version of Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?SmFkZWxpZ2h0?=,

I am working on a form developed by someone else and for the most part it
works the way it's supposed to however there are several areas where the form
asks for written comments. Typing in the comments works fine but the people
this form is going to already have these comments in electronic form and it
would make more sense to simply copy and paste into the table cell in the
form. That works too BUT the left hand side of the pasted copy is cut off
and the formatting is lost. I've tried rearranging tabs, margins, etc. in
the form but to no avail. Any ideas? I've tried it protected and
unprotected. I'm working with Word 2003 but I believe the form was created on
an earlier version of Word.

What kind of formatting is being lost? What application is the text being copied
from?

When you check the pasted result that's being cut off: any chance that the left
indent has been set to a negative position in relation to the cell? (You many
need to remove protection and check in Format/Paragraph)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

how do you insert information on a form you developed without mov. Cindy Microsoft Word Help 2 March 28th 07 11:12 AM
Filling out a form. Mike Stewart Microsoft Word Help 1 October 16th 06 06:35 PM
Filling our an existing form American Idol 4 Fan Microsoft Word Help 1 September 9th 06 05:25 PM
Form filling shakey New Users 10 March 10th 06 08:13 PM
filling out a form in a Word document id48fan Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 04 11:31 PM