Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root Larry Root is offline

Default Can I have more than one set of bookmarks

In large documents with many bookmarks, it's a bother scrolling down to find
the one I want. Is it possible to create multiple sets of bookmarks, for
example, for citations and exhibits?

Are there any tricks that would make that easier?

Very respectfully,
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Larry,

What version of Word and what have you been doing so far? I'm not clear
on how you are using these bookmarks or which dialog you are scrolling
in that shows the long list. If you have been manually inserting
bookmarks to track exhibits and citations, then I think that's the issue.

I'm assuming here that Insert | Cross-Reference is causing the
annoyance. For instance, for exhibits, instead of Insert | Bookmark, I
would use the built in Insert | Caption feature, set with the label
Exhibit. Then Insert | Cross-Reference could be set to Exhibits and it
would only show the Exhibit captions. For citations, at a guess, I would
have a numbered reference list at the end and Insert | Cross-Reference
could be set to only show numbered items. You might experiment with
these techniques on a COPY of the document.

If that doesn't make sense or doesn't work for you, you might explain a
little bit more about the document and what you have been doing, and
what you want the final product to be, and exactly where you are
scrolling through this long list.

Daiya

PS. Long document useful links he
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm
Not related to today's question, but designed for the type of documents
that often have citations and exhibits (sorta--yours sounds legal, and
it's more compiled with reference to theses, etc)

Larry Root wrote:
In large documents with many bookmarks, it's a bother scrolling down to find
the one I want. Is it possible to create multiple sets of bookmarks, for
example, for citations and exhibits?

Are there any tricks that would make that easier?

Very respectfully,
Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root Larry Root is offline

Daiya,

Thank you for your suggestions -- I think I can make them work!

VERY respectfully,
Larry