Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frankie Frankie is offline

Default word's page size changed by adobe

I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I set page
size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe distiller or
adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to letter sise.

This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to custom sise page
and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page size?

I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

How are you setting up Acrobat?
Have you tried setting up a custom size in the printer folder? Right click the
PDF printer, properties,click printing preferences. What version Acrobat are you
using?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I set page
size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe distiller or
adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to letter sise.

This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to custom sise page
and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page size?

I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frankie Frankie is offline

Thank you very much for your reply:

I'm using adobe acrobat 5.0.
I just get "What's this" when I right click properties in distiller. However,
I can set up distiller by clicking "properties" then picking "advanced" then
in 'paper size' I pick PostScrip custom page size. Then change the default to
6 X 10.

Then in pdf settings I edit conversion settings and once again change the
page settings to custom 6 X 10.

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I set page
size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe distiller or
adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to letter sise.

This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to custom sise page
and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page size?

I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

If you can't make it work, you can always print on letter-size
paper and then crop it in Acrobat.

Go to the printer folder, file, Print server properties, see if you can create a
custom form in this dialogue box.

Help here
http://athleticaid.com/yaquinapress/...obat2step.html
and maybe here
http://www.west.net/~ted/pdf/tipsSampler.pdf

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I set page
size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe distiller or
adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to letter sise.

This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to custom sise page
and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page size?

I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Default word's page size changed by adobe p.s.

I found this on a forum
Solution 1
Create a new form in the Print Server Properties dialog box, and then re-create
the PDF file:
1. Choose Start Settings Printers.
2. Select Acrobat Distiller.
3. Choose File Server Properties.
4. Select Create a New Form.
5. Type a new name in the Form Description For text box.
6. Type the desired dimensions under Paper Size.
7. Click Save the Form.
8. Re-create the PDF file.

Solution 2
Crop pages in the PDF file to reduce their size:
1. Open the PDF file in Acrobat to a page whose size you want to reduce.
2. Crop the page by choosing Document Crop Pages or by using the crop tool.
For help, see "Cropping and Rotating Pages" in the Acrobat 5.0 help guide.
3. Choose File Save As, and save the document. (By saving to a new document,
you can to revert to the original PDF file if necessary.)

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I set page
size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe distiller or
adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to letter sise.

This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to custom sise page
and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page size?

I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

I didn't see the other thread...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up I
set page size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe
distiller or adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to
letter sise. This is so even when I change the pdf settings in adobe to
custom
sise page and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10" page
size? I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It wasn't a criticism of you

I didn't see the other thread...

"Frankie" wrote in message
I write a catalog in word 2000. It's 6" X 10" so in page set up
I set page size to 6" X 10".

When I convert the word doc to a pdf file using either adobe
distiller or adobe acrobat, adobe always changes the page size to
letter sise. This is so even when I change the pdf settings in
adobe to custom
sise page and set the page size to 6" X 10".

Can anything be done to get adobe to accept the word 6" X 10"
page size? I need all the help I can get, and truly do
appreciate it. Frankie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frankie Frankie is offline

I think I'm on the right track at last, thanks to Mary and Graham. I truly do
appreciate your help and advice.

I also must apologize for not knowing how the threads work.
--
I need all the help I can get, and truly do appreciate it.

Frankie

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It wasn't a criticism of you

I didn't see the other thread...