Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin in Gold Hill Robin in Gold Hill is offline

Default How do I turn OFF the auto formatting in Word 2007 for good?

I would like Word 2007 to work like Word 2003. I set the default but it
doesn't stay. I don't want any of the automatic formatting, spacing, breaks,
indents, etc that Word 2007 does. How can I turn that off FOREVER?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The autoformat functions work in essentially the same way as they do in
2003.
Turn them off from Word Options Proofing Autocorrect Options
Autoformat as you Type.
Text formatting is a function of the styles applied to the text and can't be
'turned off' as Word is, and always has been, a style based application.