Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zoonotics Zoonotics is offline

Default Disable autosave in Word 2007

I am working on a very large document in Word 2007. Unlike all other versions
of Word, the autosave or autorecovery can't be turned off (?) WHAT A
PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep UNchecking it in Word Options and even tried
scheduling it for every 120 minutes, but EVERY time I reopen the file,
autorecovery is checked again and set at every 10 minutes. It saves at the
most inopportune moments and disrupts my work. I am power user of 22 years
and save when "I" want. I don't need a patronizing MS developer to force me
to save every 10 minutes. HOW DO YOU TURN THIS @$%%%$%$ THING OFF?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The issue is probably arising because either the Word data key in the
registry is corrupt, or you don't have sufficient permissions set to write
changes to the registry key. Either fix those issues or add the line
Options.SaveInterval = 0
to both an autoopen and an autonew macro in normal.dotm which will force the
setting for each document you open or create.