Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyrider Joyrider is offline

Default create a column on right of document for explanation purpose

Hi,

I am trying to create a words document whereby there is a coloumn on the
right hand side of document for me to do explanation on what the details on
the document is about. Something like a comment link, but no a link. Is just
a column where i can type in the explanation details. It can only be view on
computer screen. When i printout the document, this explanation comment will
not be shown.
Pls help if any of you guys know how to do so.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why not use the "Comment" function of Track Changes, on the Reviewing
toolbar? You can show or hide the balloons, and you can print the
document "without markup" (that is, in the Print dialog choose
Document under What to Print? and not Document with Markup).

On Mar 22, 10:12*am, Joyrider
wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a words document whereby there is a coloumn on the
right hand side of document for me to do explanation on what the details on
the document is about. Something like a comment link, but no a link. Is just
a column where i can type in the explanation details. It can only be view on
computer screen. When i printout the document, this explanation comment will
not be shown.
Pls help if any of you guys know how to do so.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyrider Joyrider is offline

Well, is there any other way to do so other then using the balloons comment
function, as I need to create something like a proposal for my customer.
Using too many balloons comment could be quite messy.

wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a words document whereby there is a coloumn on the
right hand side of document for me to do explanation on what the details on
the document is about. Something like a comment link, but no a link. Is just
a column where i can type in the explanation details. It can only be view on
computer screen. When i printout the document, this explanation comment will
not be shown.
Pls help if any of you guys know how to do so.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So you _do_ want your customer to see these comments?

You could do them in Text Boxes placed out in the margin -- but then
you can't print without them showing. (Unless you first format them as
Hidden.)