lmolvr

Default Saving

Hi,
When I try to save papers I am typing, I get a message stating "the
directory or file cannot be created." This only occurs when I try to save to
a disk, which I have to do. It will allow me to save on the c drive, but not
in a. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? The computer isn't mine, it
belonged to my roommate's old roommate...and I can't get ahold of her, so I
don't know much about the computer other than Office is 2000, and Windows 98
is running on the computer.

Please help. I would appreciate it.

Lisa
Charles Kenyon

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working within Word, act
as if your floppy drive does not exist! (This applies to CDRW/CDR drives as
well.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on a floppy
Print a document on a floppy
Edit a document on a floppy
Save a document to a floppy (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on floppy drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

I know that for some with shared computers (libraries, schools) this is a
tough prescription. All I can recommend for that is to use a brand new
formatted disk each time you save and don't do any editing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.