Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveG

Default How do I include numbered captions for pictures in Table of Figure

I have successfully created captions for each of my tables and included them
in a Table of Figures. However, the pictures that I also identified with
captions are not being included in the Table of Figures. Note: All captions
are identified as figures. Each of the captions below the pictures are
numbered consecutively, i.e., Word understands that these are captions when
they are being generated. It's just that the Table of Figures function
doesn't find them in the text. Help.
--
Thanks,
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the figures are wrapped, the captions will by default have been inserted
in text boxes, which are in the drawing layer, and so Word can't see them.
This is (IMO) a bug in several versions of Word. The solution is to convert
the text box to a frame or, better still:

1. Make both table and caption In Line With Text, or

2. If you must wrap text around the table and caption, insert them both
inline, then select both together and use the Insert Frame button on the
Forms toolbar to put them both in a frame.

"SteveG" wrote in message
I have successfully created captions for each of my tables and included

them
in a Table of Figures. However, the pictures that I also identified with
captions are not being included in the Table of Figures. Note: All

captions
are identified as figures. Each of the captions below the pictures are
numbered consecutively, i.e., Word understands that these are captions

when
they are being generated. It's just that the Table of Figures function
doesn't find them in the text. Help.
--
Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveG

Default How do I include numbered captions for pictures in Table of Fi

Suzanne,

Thank you very much for your straightforward and easy to follow response.
I've put the figures and captions inline and the TOF updates just fine.

Best regards,
--
Thanks,
Steve