Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
In Need of Repair In Need of Repair is offline

Default Lost Document

Hello all, I recently saved a document on Word 2003, onto a cdr disk. I even
took the time to make sure the data was on the disk. Now when I try to open
the information from the cdr, it comes up in squares and very few letters.
Basically it is unreadable, although it says read only. Can someone please
help me with this?
Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You could try the Open and Repair option. But note that saving to
removable media is likely to corrupt a document sooner or later. It is
best to save to your hard disk and then copy to removable media via
Windows Explorer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"In Need of Repair" wrote in message
Hello all, I recently saved a document on Word 2003, onto a cdr

disk. I even
took the time to make sure the data was on the disk. Now when I try

to open
the information from the cdr, it comes up in squares and very few

letters.
Basically it is unreadable, although it says read only. Can someone

please
help me with this?
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
In Need of Repair In Need of Repair is offline

Hello, and thank you... I saved it to my c drive first, (my documents) then
saved it to the cdr, i also saved it to a floppy disk. The document is coming
up the same way when I open the cdr as well as the floppy. Unfortunately my
son deleted the document (recycle bin). Is there another way I can possibly
retrieve this document?

Thank You

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You could try the Open and Repair option. But note that saving to
removable media is likely to corrupt a document sooner or later. It is
best to save to your hard disk and then copy to removable media via
Windows Explorer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"In Need of Repair" wrote in message
Hello all, I recently saved a document on Word 2003, onto a cdr

disk. I even
took the time to make sure the data was on the disk. Now when I try

to open
the information from the cdr, it comes up in squares and very few

letters.
Basically it is unreadable, although it says read only. Can someone

please
help me with this?
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the Recycle Bin has been emptied, and you don't have a backup, then
I'd say that you are out of luck, unfortunately.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline