juntjoo juntjoo is offline
Junior Member

Default help with manipulating table please...

Why can’t I move that row of four cells on the lower left any higher? It appears to be blocked somehow by the bottom line of the cell in the column to the right. How does this work? Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1cqs6fptw...mple.docx?dl=0

edit: okay, I noticed something interesting. first of all, it's not really that row of four cells, but the single cell above it I'm trying to squash down a bit, but appears to be blocked by that row of two in the column to the right. And you can confirm this by taking the vertical divider right down the middle, and if you move it to the left past mid-way about, suddenly that four cell row on the bottom left extends into the column on the right cutting the entire table at the top of the four cell row, creating whole new independent cells below. And now that that four cell row runs across to the right side of the table, it's top on the left as the bottom of that cell above it is BELOW that two cell row to the right which explains why it can't go above that two cell row to the right, but it didn't appear to be connected til we mysteriously cut the table in half..sheeesh... this is confusing! WTH voodoo is this table doing? I obviously don't know how they work. Help please.

Last edited by juntjoo : July 1st 17 at 02:48 AM