Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattWood MattWood is offline

Default ScreenTips: can you resize, reposition, preserve formatting?

I am creating several reports, and I want to set up ScreenTips to provide
help for each report section. Some of the help text is lengthy, and would
benefit from the use of bullet lists.

Can you control the width of ScreenTips? I would like the Screentip display
box to be much wider.

Can you control the position of a ScreenTip? I would prefer to display tips
to the right of, or below the text over which the cursor is hovering.

Can formatting be preserved in a ScreenTip? In the Reviewing Pane, I used a
bullet list and added a hyperlink, but in the ScreenTip the bullets are gone
and text is run together.