BetterHelpFilesPlease

Default How to protect word 2003 doc so that you cannot copy and paste?

I want to protect a word 2003 doc so that no one can copy and paste its
contents. Protecting the document while saving it as "read only" with a
password didn't work. Using the "Protect Document" function on the Tools menu
didn't work either. I also tried using a password and specifying "read only"
on the "Tools, Options, Security" tab.
I realize I can convert the document to PDF which would solve this problem
to a certain extent. But I'd like to know if this functionality exists in
Word 2003. Maybe I just can't find it??
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:27:11 -0700, BetterHelpFilesPlease
wrote:

I want to protect a word 2003 doc so that no one can copy and paste its
contents. Protecting the document while saving it as "read only" with a
password didn't work. Using the "Protect Document" function on the Tools menu
didn't work either. I also tried using a password and specifying "read only"
on the "Tools, Options, Security" tab.
I realize I can convert the document to PDF which would solve this problem
to a certain extent. But I'd like to know if this functionality exists in
Word 2003. Maybe I just can't find it??

No, it doesn't exist.

--
Regards,