Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twister_7777

Default Word 2003 - Toolbars and normal.dot not saved when application clo

Hi,

Working with WINXP Pro SP2 and Office 2K3 SP1. I DO NOT HAVE READER 7.0
installed and was never installed before. Changes in toolbars are not kept
when the user close Word and re-open it. I do not see the little message
that we usually see on the left bottom corner showing "Saving normal.dot"
before the application turn off. But if I remove a tick in the generel tab
(Tools-Options) and close Word, this setting is kept without any problem.

I've repaired Office from the application itself, from the Add/Remove
programs, re-install Office from the Add/Remove program, rename the Word
folder in the registry and the problem is still persisting.

I've uninstalled the reader 6.0, remove the installation folder, reboot and
tried without an Adobe program installed and the problem is still present.

Any help or reference will ne greatelly appreciated !!

Twister !